A motivational talk for parent and/or student groups delivered nationwide
This talk was developed in response to addressing the findings that up to 7,000 students drop out of our third level system every year.
Dropping out of college brings financial strain and also brings a mental, physical and emotional cost which is distressing for the individuals and their families.
Covid19 is placing unforeseen pressures on this community of learners. Tuition and learning routines will be different and students need to adapt.
What can I come away with from this talk?
Students are motivated to take ownership of their own learning journeys and to develop this conversation with parents and influencers.
Both parents and students will come away with lots of insights and practical tips on how students can make informed choices, key to making the most of the college experience.
Parents leave with a quiet confidence to let go and facilitate their students to take control, having identified and maybe even discussed some of the challenges of going to college together by looking at:
- Covid19 pressures, tuition and study routines
- Choice and consequence
- Life before and after the CAO
- Making informed choices
- Getting to know how the third level system works
- Dealing with the fast pace of change
- What makes students successful at college
- Day to day life at college
- Socialising and the law
- Study and part-time work – getting the balance right
- What parents and students expect from each other
- How to communicate with college offices and staff
- Preparing for an uncertain future
“I have attended many talks in the school over the years but this by far outshines the rest. Her presentation and delivery was clear, informative and interesting. It is great to get the insight from the third level view from Catherine. All parents came away so much more knowledgeable”Parent from St. Colmcille’s School, Knocklyon, Dublin
Price dependent on location and available on request – call 086 601 70 36
Online presentations available